Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day on the Bosphorus


Ridiculous.

This photo was taken from Boğaziçi University where my host goes to school. I explained to Cenk that the few from Texas Tech is not near as appealing...

After touring the University, we went to an art exhibition that featured original works from some famous Turkish and Portuguese artists. My favorite paintings were by an artist named Hoca Ali Riza as well as Osman Hamdi Bey--Turkey's most beloved painter. Then we ate dinner (with some tasty desserts!) at an outdoor cafe along the shoreline of the Bosphorus.

I can't get over how great my host, Cenk, has been. What an amazing first couple of days.

Oh, and I have a Turkish cell phone now. They have a ban on foreign cell phones (they say this is for safety, but most agree it to boost cell phone sells in Turkey).

PS. Coffee here = everything I hoped it would be : )

1 comment: